Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Speedy Chicken Stir Fry

from kraft.com

1/2 lb pasta - I used whole wheat linguine
2 c broccoli florets (fresh)
1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1/2 c Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp each - ground ginger, crushed red pepper, garlic powder - This is pretty spicy (which surprised me quite a bit), you may want to consider using slightly less crushed red pepper if you want less heat.

Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed, adding broccoli for last 3 minutes of cook time.

Spray nonstick skillet with Pam. Add chicken, cook until done.

Add dressing, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cook 1 minute to allow sauce to thicken, stirring constantly.

Drain pasta mixture, add to skillet with chicken and sauce, combine.

Makes 4 servings, each serving is 11 Points+

Next time I make this, I will definitely be changing it up. 2 cups of broccoli wasn't enough for us, I would at least add 3 cups. We are broccoli lovers so I'll probably add 4 instead. There was a lot of pasta, to lower the Points+ value, I would recommend using 6 oz of pasta (dry) instead of 8 oz. Will probably make this again next week and will definitely blog my changes and the updated Points+ value (along with a picture). 

No comments:

Post a Comment