I had been going through a cookbook that my mom put together for me at my bridal shower - all the ladies brought a recipe card and included a favorite recipe that my mom compiled into a cookbook - when I came across a really easy recipe that a great aunt of mine had included. It was for a Parmesan-Italian crusted chicken breast. I really wanted to try it, but realized that we had some
spinach stuffing from the turkey recipe left over that I was going to have to toss if I didn't use immediately. We don't like to have to throw food out in our house, and we
hate to waste spinach (it's so easy to incorporate into almost any meal!). So I decided to combine the two into something that turned out to be amazing!
- 1 packet Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix
- 1/3 cup Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese topping
- chicken breasts
- spinach stuffing mixture
- Pam cooking spray
I started by slicing my chicken breasts (of course - remember, very rarely do I actually pound chicken). Once they were sliced, I spread the spinach stuffing in the middle.
I mixed the Italian dressing mixture and the Parmesan on a plate and then rolled the chicken breasts in the mixture to coat. Of course, I then sprayed them with Pam to keep the coating stuck to the chicken a bit better.
Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
No comments:
Post a Comment