

- 1 lb of lean ground beef or ground turkey breast (I always use half a pound of each)
- Tempo Old Country Swedish Meatball Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm water
- McCormick Brown Gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
Anyways, just follow the box directions. Mix the egg, meatball mix, and warm water in a small bowl. Well, so say the directions. Most of the time I just throw it all in a bowl together with the meat and mash it together. Mix that stuff into your meat and form into meatballs. Bake for 25 minutes at 350F (at least I think it's at 350F, not sure offhand).
When your meatballs are done, it's time to make the equivalent of high school cafeteria brown gravy (yeah, we actually like this stuff). Pour your cup of cold water into a pot, mix in the powdered gravy, and boil. It'll thicken pretty quickly. Let it cool a bit and pour on your meatballs.
The result? "So fucking good" (says my hubby, but I thought they were good too). Prep time, less than 5 minutes. Cook time, like 25 minutes! Very few dirty dishes too- 1 prep bowl, 1 baking pan, 1 small pot, 1 whisk. Can't beat that.
We don't serve over pasta because of the breadcrumb component of the meatball mixture. Usually we just serve with a salad and veggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment